If you have only one day, and you’re interested to see the best of London then this itinerary may be perfect for your needs.
From St. Paul’s Cathedral, through Westminster Abbey and to the Big Ben, here you have 10 ideas to your trip:
- Contrary to the opinion that an English fry-up is the only way to go for breakfast, wake up and fortify yourself with the other proper English breakfast: a steaming bowl of porridge.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the parks towards Buckingham Palace in time to see the Changing of the Guard at around 11-ish.
- Carry on along Birdcage Walk, following the sight of Big Ben in the distance.
- Spend an hour soaking up history in Westminster Abbey.
- Carry on across Westminster Bridge and stop in the middle and ask someone to take your photo with Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament and the Thames in the background. (It’s okay: They’ll never see you again.)
- Have you booked the London Eye? That’s your next stop. It takes an hour.
- One more stop before a late lunch: Stroll along the Southbank and see Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre. Yes, you’ve had a busy morning.
- From here it’s a quick walk to Borough Marketand the comfort of Wright Brothers Oyster and Porter House. Sit, relax, and eat before wandering the market (never shop hungry).
- One pint too many with the oysters? A bit too much sampling at the market? Work it off by climbing the stairs of.
- Then, after a quick doze in your hotel room, head to Soho for drinks or supper. Reservations are handy, if you know what you want, but you could just chance your luck at Polpo, Fernandez y Wells, Roka, or Bob Bob Ricard and finish your evening with a late-night coffee at Bar Italia on Frith Street.
We really hope you liked our article. Feel free to pin all the images to your favorite Pinterest board or to print it and use in your mood board. You can always choose to follow us and see the coverage of this event step by step. Follow us on Facebook, Pinterest , Instagram or subscribe here and don’t miss a single breath.